Bruce S. Foerster
President, South Beach Capital Markets
18495 South Dixie HIghway, Suite 103
Miami, FL 33157-6817
Work: 305 358 3232
Cell: 305 965 6787
I. Investment Banking
1. Underwritten public offerings: solicitation; due diligence, transparency & disclosure; commitment committee, new issue marketing & suitability committee processes; listing decision; road shows/marketing, pricing & transaction fee negotiation; deal allocation (U.S. institutions, retail, "friends & family", international), first-day trading & post-closing after-market trading, syndicate short positions, covered ("Green Shoe") & uncovered ("naked"), finder's fees, deal expense allocation, 2nd offering timing & makeup (primary v secondary/both), "flipping".
2. IPO Process
3. Venture capital & private equity
4. Private placements
5. Securities research, interaction w/ investment banking & capital markets
6. Securities valuation
7. Going private
8. Investment banking relationship management
9. Strategic Advice re mergers & acquisitions
II. Corporate Governance
1. Public, private, not-for-profit
2. Mutual funds
3. Securities exchanges
4. Fiduciary standard
AB English, Haverford College, 1963.
Commissioned officer, U.S. Navy: 7 years active duty (5 at sea, 2 as admiral's aide), 20 years reserve duty including two unit commands; graduate Naval Officer Candidate School, Destroyer School, War College Reserve Course; Captain, USNR-R.
MBA Management Information & Control, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Finance & Commerce, 1971.
46 years experience in primary capital markets / investment banking; 23 years in senior positions of deal leadership (solicitation, structuring, marketing, pricing, distributing, after-market trading), profit & loss responsibility - over 1,250 underwritten public offerings (150+ IPOs) at three global investment banks (Warburg Paribas Becker, PaineWebber, Lehman Brothers). Member new issue marketing committee at all three firms & new issue commitment committee at WPB & PW.
Founding editor (now co-editor) of the “Capital Markets Handbook”, created for the securities industry under trade group (SIA, now SIFMA) sponsorship, now in its Sixth Edition, 2018 Supplement. Also expert in due diligence, IPO process, 144A + corporate governance. Deposed, testified, authored expert opinions & consulted in 72 cases. FINRA dispute resolution arbitrator since 1996. Conduct both corporate financial advisory and wealth management advisory businesses.
Full-time faculty member in the Department of Finance, Insurance and Real Estate at University of Florida, Warrington College of Business Administration, Hough Graduate School of Business - advise and mentor graduate students in Master in Finance Program on career opportunities and business life management skills, lecture on select investment banking topics (i.e., asset management, corporate finance, merchant banking/private equity, mergers and acquisitions, primary capital markets and securities research) and teach course entitled "Capitalism'.
Member National Association of Corporate Directors and SEC Historical Society Board of Advisors