«Return to Main Blog Page
Update - February 2016
February 17, 2016
The President's Perspective
Greetings from South Florida,
Your board of directors (Board) recently gathered in Dallas for its annual Winter Meeting. The majority of the agenda items were focused on or related to enhancing the value of your membership.
Meeting highlights include:
- Discussion at length of ways to increase SER visibility in the financial securities industry, the securities bar and the many expert witness search firms.
- Effective this year, associate members will pay the same annual dues as voting members in return for equal treatment by our web site search engine. When associate members reach 20 engagements, they are eligible to become voting members.
- A Strategic Partner committee will pursue relevant third-party vendor sponsorships of our annual conference in order to hold down the registration fee for our signal event.
- The education committee will search for a way, if possible, to enable attendance at the annual conference to count as “continuing professional education”.
- A new committee will conduct a study of the expert witness market in order to identify our competition, rank our standing vis-à-vis other expert groups and uncover better ways to bring incremental “deliverables” to you our members.
- The communications committee will examine how to “link” SER’s website to LinkedIn and is working on how to facilitate use of our logo in members’ own correspondence.
- Discussed ways to encourage members to interact with their nearest legal clinic and to post authored expert-witness-related material onto the “Articles” or “Other Information” sections of the SER on-line library located in the secure portion of our website under “Member Tools”.
- Codified Patti Koetting as SER controller and acknowledged of the contributions of our former administrator Rachel Remler who resigned at year-end 2015.
- Creation of a new SER lapel pin, identical in wording but with a stronger fastener and a reverse color scheme for easier reading. The Board urges members to wear their pin when testifying.
- Lastly, the Board encourages members to identify opportunities for SER advocacy of worthy causes in the expert wintess space.
Reminder: this year SER returns to the venerable and iconic Union League Club (ULC) for our 24th Annual Meeting and Conference on 22-23 July. Located atop Murray Hill on Park Avenue in midtown Manhattan, the ULC is within walking distance of both Grand Central Terminal and Pennsylvania Station. The room rates are some 50% below that of comparable hotels, and the Club’s amenities are first rate. Make plans to attend and book your flight/train now. President-elect Jeffrey Schaff is hard at work to top the stellar program he created for our 2011 meeting in Chicago.
As I will repeat each month for the balance of my term in office, please remember that new members are the plasma that re-invigorates SER’s lifeblood. The approval process has been streamlined, so be on the lookout for qualified candidates. We welcomed a new member this week.
The renewal function is now available on the website. Please renew as quickly as your workload permits.
Respectfully, Bruce Foerster
Membership renewal is now available on the "My Account" page once you log-in on the website. (If you type in the wrong password, you can click the link above the box and an email will be sent to you.) Paypal allows you to use your paypal account, your checking acccount or any credit card whether you log in to your paypal account or not. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Patti Koetting at email@example.com or 919-967-9040.
- Conference Registration will be available in April.
- Save the Date - 2016 Annual Meeting & Conference, July 22-23, Union League Club 38 E 37th St, New York, NY
January 2016 was our biggest month yet for Unique Visitors and Number of Visits!
- Last Month: Unique Visitors - 1038; Number of Visits - 1,645; Pages Viewed - 5,918